Thursday, July 14, 2011

Finding a truck *was* hard!

This was the first truck we looked at. We drove all the way to Tampa just to find that the truck would need a lot of work and they were asking way too much for it.

So we found this truck and it was totally awesome. The right price, mechanically sound, everything was absolutely perfect about it except it was TOO BIG!

Then we found this one. It was in really good condition and closer to the size we wanted but still a little too big and a little out of our price range.

We then found this little guy and it proved to us that pictures on Craigslist can be very deceiving. I had my hopes up for this one. I was hoping it would be "the one" but when we got there to see it, it was a total piece. Then the owners failed to mention to us before we took it for a test drive that the ancient, steel, 500 pound freezer in the back wasn't bolted down AND on wheels so when we took a turn it went flying and almost crushed me to death. yay.

The same day we looked at that one, our mechanic, Erik, took us to see this one. You really have no idea how bad I wanted it to work. That truck was flippin awesome! I didn't care if we would've had to sink thousands of dollars in it to be road ready, I wanted it. But the owner of the truck never called back after repeated phone calls :(













Then we found this little guy on Craigslist. It was perfect but only one thing - it was in Georgia. I asked myself if I was willing to drive to GA to get it or pay to have it shipped and I was. We payed for an inspection to be done and it passed. Only strikes were that it needed a new paint job (which we planned on doing anyways) and some new tires. We drove a little over 500 miles there to get it
, put it on a trailer and hauled it back. So here she is!Now it's time to get to work! We're hoping to have her road ready by September. Be on the look out!

No comments:

Post a Comment